Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Only Thing That Doesn't Run: My Makeup

I train daily, usually straight after work. Soon I'll have to throw in double sessions and start going in the morning as well but for now, I run to the pool, throw on my suit or run gear and either jump in the pool or hit the track. I change, stretch and start.

This means that I definitely do not have time to take off my makeup.

Now, I'm a MAC girl but not everything does exactly the same thing.

MAC Liquid Eyeliner
I live in a very humid city and when I go running, I have to watch what make up I'm wearing.

I love the Liquid Eyeliner. The description online says it's "smudge resistant". Be that as it may, it is definitely not water resistant.

I ran with this on and if you are running in humidity and often sweat profusely from the face or head, forget it. Just find the nearest bathroom and take it all off because it's going to get really bad, really quick. Just to give you an idea, two words: Alice Cooper. Imagine him and Ozzy on stage after three hours and you've got a pretty good idea of my look after a sweaty run.

MAC Liquidlasst Liner
The one that does last through anything is the Liquidlast Liner. This will stay on, even with a swim. It is pretty damn fabulous.

MAC Splashproof Lash Mascara
There is also a very lovely Splashproof Lash Mascara that is the only one that they have that is waterproof. It's actually very nice and stays on pretty well.

But the granddaddy of them all, the one that is only limited edition, is the Chromographic Pencil. This badboy lasts through a day a work, a run and a shower! And the color is nearly just as brilliant as when you first put it on. I find that if you can also use it as a primer and put other powder shadows on top for a marvelous combination of color. I have written to MAC and talked to all my MAC consultants about this pencil and have arduously pleaded that they make this part of the permanent collection.

Four of the five
MAC
Chromagraphic Pencil
 colors
Oh please, if there is a God......


No comments: