Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In The Eyes of the Beholder: A Sunglass Story

Living in Cancun prompts a person to make two major purchases: sunglasses and a good umbrella.

I've always wanted a pair of wrap-around glasses that make me look like Kimora Lee. And I had my heart set on a pair of Dior Grand Salon. With Swarovski crystals on the sides, I'm thinking how fabulous I'd look ... until I saw one huge problem: the frame marks on my cheeks when I took off the glasses.

I'm Asian and we have a huge problem with sunglasses. If they are too big, they sit on the cheeks. And if you are doing any sort of sports, the sweat that rolls down your face sits right in that pocket.

And as I thought there was no hope for me ... until I found the Oakley Asian Fits. The ones I have are a matte metallic grey, a color that only comes in Asian Fits.

Hallelujah, I've been saved!

There is a bit of a variety to be had. I've got a pair of Radars and they've been with me for about a year and a half.

And they do have a series of other very coy glasses.
There is also a company called TC Charton that also does Asian Fit type glasses, both sunglasses and regular glasses. There may not be as much in choice as one would like but it's hard to say that there isn't more of a market now. 

For now, I'm thinking of getting another pair. Heads up because you cannot buy Asian Fits for women in the stores. As of the date of the post, Oakley Asian Fits for Women are only available through online purchase. 




No comments: